This one-day seminar provides an introduction to the operation of the NETWORK 8000 GCM. Using a keyboard interface, students will connect to a GCM via Terminal Mode
The day-to-day operational use of Terminal Mode. Time is divided between theory and lab exercises.
GCM - Terminal Mode Operators Seminar Objectives:
- GCM and student workstation computer.
Upon completion of the seminar, the student should be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Using Terminal Mode, connect to a Global Control Module (GCM).
- Use the GCM's current status screen to view information.
- Use the View Edit Override (VEO) screens to edit block attributes and perform GCM Overrides.
- View Exceptions and Diagnostics in the GCM.
- Identify GCM Override information.
- Change the GCM's time and date information.
- View GCM Reports.
- Use the GCM's menu structure to view block information.
The course is 1 full day in duration, running from 8:00AM to 3:00PM.